Monday, September 5, 2011

Disneyland 5K

 On January 2, I signed my family up for our 1st Disneyland Star Tours 5K. It took place on Saturday and we all had so much fun! We only live about 70 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth but we stayed in a hotel because we had to be at the start line at 6:00am.
Hubby and I trained using the Couch to 5K program and it really helped. There were about 5000 racers for this fun run so it was slow going. It wasn't a timed race so people were taking their time. It took us about 6 minutes to cross the START line after the race started.


 We ran though Disneyland and California Adventure as well as the back lots. They had characters that you could pose for pictures with along the route.
 Some runners even dressed up in costume...LOVE Tink and Capt. Hook!






It was so much fun to train with our kids. They ran circles around us but they were very supportive. Now we are ready to run our city's 5K in November together.

3 comments:

MJ said...

LOL love the star wars mickeys! especially goofy's boxers hihi. Well done on the 5K also :)

Joanne Kennedy said...

How fun! I was thinking about doing this but I was way to lazy to get up that early :)

Good for you guys for going. Looks like you had a blast.

dana said...

OMG...I didn't realize the run STARTED at 6:00 a.m....my body would have revolted!!! :) The one I did on Labor Day started at 7:30 and I was still half asleep. I can say I sure was on the trip across town to get to the venue.

I am so PROUD of you and your family....doing this wonderful run together!!! I look forward to seeing how you progress getting ready for the next 5K run!! Yay for you!

L, Dana

PS when I did "The Oz Marathon" in April (I did the 5K run part) there were several folks who dressed up like Wiz of Oz characters. It was great. There was also a wedding ceremony that happening on the starting line right before the run started AND there was a wedding party (bride and bridesmaids) who ran together...with matching t-shirts that said "bride", "bridesmaid"....it was so great to see folks really having fun with it! Love how the folks dressed up at Disney!

Going out for a run in a bit. I have another 5K on the 17th....there are hills on that one...my time will stink that day...I just want to complete it without having to stop and walk. My son, niece, exercise teacher, a couple of friends AND maybe my doctor are all doing that one, too! PLUS ...it's just blocks away from our house! :)