Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Disney Inspiration

All 3 of my kids started school on August 12 and they all got a "Fall break" from school at the same time last week. It was very nice considering they attend 3 different schools.We usually visit Disneyland at this time every year to celebrate Matthew and Sheridan's birthday. We stayed for 2 days in the Disneyland Hotel and it rained both days. I am a native SoCal girl and that was very unusual for us. I would still spend 2 rainy days at Disneyland than a week at home!

One of my favorite things to do is visit Woody's Round up to see what the pumpkin carvers have been up to.

The pumpkin carvers are right there working on pumpkins so you are able to ask questions. They usually just have a picture of the character they are working on and they just start carving.

Here is Sheridan with Dash of "The Incredibles".

This carriage is always so lush with fall foliage.

I'm not sure this would fit in my front yard.

This is a birdbath decorated outside The Haunted Mansion.

Inside the parlor of the mansion, there is a hybrid of Halloween and Christmas decor. This is because the mansion is transformed into "The Nightmare Before Christmas" thoughout the season until January.
The horseless funeral carriage is always festive.

May the Halloween force be with you.









7 comments:

Rach said...

Disney's attention to detail is just amazing. They really have some talented people on their payroll!!

Mary Beth said...

Looks like a fun fall at Disney. Their detail really is amazing, I agree.

Heather@Peach Pizzazz said...

Fun! I've always wanted to see Disneyland/Disneyworld during Halloween!

Melissa said...

I'm glad you had fun! Disneyland is one of my favorite places.

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

We are heading to Disneyland for the first time in a few weeks! Can't wait!

Unknown said...

we just got back from disneyland & had the best time! thank goodness it didn't rain! :)

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

Hi Donna! How fun that you get to visit Disneyland often! I am taking my 4 year old for the first time next week. It will be my first time as well! If you have time, I would love any tips you might have. Also, what is the weather like this time of year?

Thanks so much!
~ Christi

pisforparty@att.net