Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Traditions


4 years ago, I organized a family reunion for my mom's side of the family. It was held at the family farmhouse in Herington, Kansas. My grandmother's sisters were born in that house!

We had family join us from California (my family), New Mexico and AFB in Germany. Some of the activities we had were sack races, family history quiz (mostly about great-grandparents who first owned the farm) and a water balloon toss.


These are all of my family members representing my grandmother and her 3 sister's families. Each family wore matching outfits to show what branch of the family they were from. My family wore Disney's Snow White and the 7 dwarf personalized shirts (beacuase there were 8 of us) and we represented California (where Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios are located).

When we were filling the water balloons with the garden hose, needless to say, we all got a bit wet. I just found this handy dandy Pumpanator (designed by a 4th grader) to fill balloons with water or air. I bought one here in red and it comes with 500 balloons. Now you can let the kids fill their own balloons and leave you inside the house to eat bon bons. Happy 4th of July!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fun tradition! btw, so need one of those water balloon pumps-if only they could tie them too! enjoy your 4th! :)

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Susan, the kit comes with separate ties!!! You must get one! :)

Lori said...

Gotta love a good egg toss too. Much messier though. Our family got together last night ate, laughed played games. All ages loved it.