Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pioneer Party

I adore this pionner party hosted by Family Faith Home Friends for their 2 year old daughter.
The invitations

The party was hosted at a Pionner Homestead park...simply perfect!
She had aprons for the girl guests and bandanas for the boys.

The birthday girl is wearing her grandmother's cameo pin from when she was little.
I just love that!

The young ones got wagon rides while parents had checkers and horseshoes to play.


The party favors were homemade jam and CDs of the fiddle and banjo music that played during the party. Fabulous job!
This Friday, our backyard movie feature is Little House on the Prairie pilot episode. I just LOVED Little House when I was little. I am 6 months younger than Melissa Gilbert who played Laura Ingalls and I had the buck teeth and braids just like her. Oh how I wanted to be her! When I was in the 4th grade, I wrote a play about a pioneer family named "Westward Ho" and I performed it in front of the whole school. Like I said...BIG fan!




5 comments:

Jeanette said...

That is just too cute! What a wonderful party with memories and touches that will last a lifetime.

Bobbi & Noe said...

This party is adorable! I didn't know pioneer stuff could be so cute!

Unknown said...

I love this birthday party!

Karin said...

Love that party idea!! So adorable...

Joy @ the Vintage Rabbit said...

Too funny about Melissa Gilbert...I loved the whole little house on the prairie too!!
I was once stopped and asked if I was her....waaay back in the day!!
love the party idea!
Joy~