Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bridging

They other night, my Brownie troop bridged to Junior Girl Scouts. I picked a beautiful area a few blocks from our home that had an amazing bridge over a lake with ducks, geese and turtles.
For the ceremony, the girls recited the Girl Scout promise, sang Yogi Bear and told what their favorite part of scouting was. My daughter said "I really enjoyed learning how to sew and embroider and I really appreciate it". That made me so happy since that has always been a goal of mine to teach other girls how to sew and embroider like my grandmother taught me.

I gave them each a bag with some goodies in it. It contained a packet of Daisy seeds to remind them of where they have been (as Daisy Girl Scouts), a brownie to remind them of where they are and a giant box of Junior Mints to get them to think about where they are going.


Sheridan was so proud to become a Junior. She was just beaming as she crossed the bridge in her new green vest to get her new Jr. pin put on by me.

I had such a great time being her leader for the last 4 years but it is now time for me to pass the torch to someone else. My business has gotten very busy and I need to keep what little sanity I have left. That is a picture of my hubby and Sheridan. I know you never see pictures of him. He is a bit camera shy but he does exist. :)




4 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Aww how fun! I'm going to be going to my great nieces bridging soon. I had never heard of it before so I was happy to see what you guys did. I love the little gift pack idea! Very cute.

Hugs,
Joanne

Allyson/HBMomof2 said...

This made me tear up. I am completing my first year with my little Daisy as leader of our Kinder troop. We have had such a great time this year and made so many memories with this great group of girls. I look forward to bridging to Brownies next year and will keep your wonderful ideas in my back pocket. What a lovely setting you chose. Beautiful post.

Ashleigh of posh parties, LLC said...

Thank you for sharing! My little Daisy will have her Bridging ceremony in 2 weeks and I love your ideas for making it special!

dana said...

What a wonderful experience for all of you, Donna!! Thanks for this lovely share!!

Hope you and your family have a good and safe Memorial Day Weekend!! L, dana