Sunday, May 16, 2010

Babe's Dessert Bar

The owner of Babe's Dessert Bar, Denise, asked me if I could decorate her booth for the Jewish Food Festival here in Santa Clarita on Sunday.

Her business' colors are pink and black which fit perfectly with my French Poodle party.

I used a plastic frame from IKEA to showcase one of her cake designs.


I draped pink feather boas all over the booth to catch people's eyes. She had some amazing desserts for sale such as Espresso brownies, lemon bars, cream puffs, caramel apples and cake balls in many different flavors (I loved the Strawberry Shortcake ones!) She even offered some delicious savory potato knishes. For my decorating trade, she offered my business cards and gave me an amazing sampling of her desserts. I love to barter!
Do you do any bartering?

2 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

What an honor to be asked! You did a great job.

Yes I barter, when I can. One time I traded making a cake for a girl who has a shop like build a bear only she goes out to the party. She provided Trinity with stuffed animals and outfits for her party guest and in return I made a huge birthday cake for her daughters birthday party.

Worked out great and I would love to do some other sorts of bartering. It's a win/win for everyone.

Hugs,
Joanne

Printing said...

The cake is so beautiful and all my favorite colors are on it too :) How I wish I know how to bake a beautiful cake like this :) Bartering is good every now and then :)