Friday, January 8, 2010

Mary Poppins in Los Angeles

For Sheridan's birthday in November, my mom offered to buy her a ticket to see Mary Poppins the Musical. Tickets are hard to come by and expensive. Last night, I took Sheridan and we had a blast. Gavin Lee played Bert and he is from the original London cast and Ashley Brown is the original Mary Poppins from Broadway in New York.

My kids and I are theatre veterans and I must say that Mary Poppins musical lives up to all of the hype. It was the best show EVER! Even though they had technical difficulties half way during the first act (the house set that opens like a pop up paper doll house broke down), the show was amazing! Sheridan woke up this morning singing Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious and she wore her shirt today with the song's title on it.

Here is a picture of Sheridan wearing the Jolly Holiday dress from the movie. I have a Mary Poppins themed party in my business and it is quite popular. If Mary Poppins travels near you, please visit her spit spot!


5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love Mary Poppins! Too cute.

dana said...

Hi Donna!

I clearly recall seeing Mary Poppins, the movie, when I was a teen (tells ya how REALLLLY old I am, doesn't it?). Julie Andrews was my forever favorite actress after that! NOW my little grand girl has a copy of it loves to watch Mary Poppa-lyns! :) I also bought her a very vintage Golden Book of the same title. It stays here....and she always requests that as a night time read. She's just 3 and 1/2 and she loves it, too!

Sheridan looks darling in her Jolly Holiday dress...I wish we lived close to you. We would have to have you put together a MP themed party for our little girl.

Wish I COULD send you a bunch of our snow...the piles are huge around here. The good thing is that our temps today are in the 20s and it's sunny, so there will be some melting starting to happen.

Have a great Sun.. L, Dana

SoSoBella said...

oh how i'd love to take my girls.

just ran across your blog from my friend Jills.
Seems we have a little in common. My girls have that LOVE shirt and the fabric in the couch behind your Mary Poppins is that same all over my home :O)

Enchanted Expectations said...

Love this play. Your daughter looks so cute.

Joanne Kennedy said...

I loved it too! I thought it was fun when Bert walked up on the walls and the roof. The only bad part was we were a bit to close and could see the wires and where they pulled him up. Sometimes it is better to sit back a bit.

Did the crowd go crazy when Mary flew out to the balcony area?

It was so fun and I did think of your party. I thought it would have been perfect to have that theme for Trintiy's birthday this year. But you know how we are... I had already planned everything and purchased stuff way before I knew we were going to the play.

Hugs,
Joanne