Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Party Animal

I am in charge of the decor for a fundraiser on Saturday night. They will be showing a backyard movie on a 100' screen for 250 people. They will have food carts, crafts for the kids, face painters, balloon artists and of course, the movie Madagascar. When the guests arrive they will be welcomed by a set of stacked crates on the front lawn. They are for Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria- the stars of the movie.
I had to go to 5 different places that sell appliances in my neighborhood to find 1 box! I'm going back for 3 more at Best Buy tonight. I'm still looking for 2 refridgerator boxes. I got wood-like paper from Shindigz and wrapped up the box to look like a crate. The Caution tape is from Michael's crafts in the Halloween section. This is for the lion's crate since he is considered dangerous. Only 3 more to make!

13 comments:

Thena said...

How awesome that sounds.

my cup of tea said...

How clever of you! They are cute!
~Blessings~
Donna

Unknown said...

they look incredible-great job!

Beth Rang said...

Looks good! I think it'll be a smash.

Jamie said...

These boxes look great! I have been following your blog for several months and your creativity never ceases to amaze me!

DesignDazzle.blogspot.com said...

Clever as always!! Love it!! Okay, so yeah finally setting up shop. I'm so proud of you. Tell me how the tea party goes at the Tea Garden.
And yes, my foot is broken. bummer birthday...

Tristan Robin said...

very very clever ... as always!

Shelley@divinepartyconcepts said...

Looks great!

dana said...

YOU have been busy!!! I've been busy, too, but I can't be busy and post like YOU, so YOU win! :) Our tag sale was great. . . that made 3 sales in three weeks. I have this weekend off, then another sale the weekend of the 9 and 10. I've been busy making witches and ghosts, etc...all HWeen decor.

I am so thrilled for you that you are in with the tea room!! That's so exciting! I LOVE Sheridan's party items and just know it will be the perfect event! How much fun that time with your tea group looked! You have such a busy, but fun life!! Keep it up!

Gotta get back to work. I'm sorry I have been so bad in visiting. I just haven't let myself get on the computer except to throw up a post once a week. . . I can easily be on it for hours if I do.

L, Dana

CHS Creative Productions Blog said...

Great Idea!

The Blushing Hostess said...

This is so clever.

Natalia said...

Fantasti idea!!! Cant wait to see more pics of the event:)

Nishant said...

How clever of you! They are cute!
~Blessings~
Work From Home