Thursday, August 27, 2009

Custom T-shirts

I LOVE Anthropologie! It is one of my favorite stores. Unfortunately, it is not in my budget to spend $58 on a t-shirt. Yes, that's how much these shirts cost (not together, seperately !)

So when I visited One Pretty Thing and she posted a how-to on making your own embellished shirts for $10, I knew I had to share this news with my friends. Thursday, I had the girls over. I had them buy 2 t-shirts at Walmart for $5 each. I'm sure you could find 2 old t-shirts in your dresser as well. I used the same color but my friend, Sandy, had a black shirt and made white flowers for it. Sorry I don't have a picture; I had a bit of a headache today and wasn't thinking clearly :)


In the original instructions, it says to cut 3 circles in small, medium and large; the largest being the size of a soda can bottom. I cut 7 of each. Layer them on top of each other, largest on the bottom.


Run the needle up throught the fabric and then down again. I then folded the circle in half, and then half again making a pie shape. I whip stitched it about 4 times going through all of the layers and then tied it off. It turned out puckered. I arranged them on the shoulder and around the neckline. I tacked them down and Viola! a new custom t-shirt for 1/6 the price of the one at Anthropologie.


I have been very busy with my business and I have some exciting news to share in the upcoming weeks!

6 comments:

Karin said...

Love those shirts! what a great east way to DIY. How's your mom doing? Is she starting to get her energy back? Mine's slowly getting there. Can't wait to here your big news!!

Karin said...

sheesh....hear your big news....not here...

dana said...

Donna, that was such a cool idea!

I am glad your business is busy and I'm also excited about your big news!!

Have a great weekend. L, Dana

Brenda said...

Turned out so cute!

Heather said...

your business is awesome! Can't wait to hear your news. Your blog has become a quick favorite of mine.

Unknown said...

Awesome. I need you to make me one. . . I'll pay you!