Monday, May 18, 2009

Backyard Movie Part II

On Saturday night, we had our Opening
Night of our Backyard Summer Movie series. I love to decorate the table to match the theme of the movie (duh!).
Since we showed "Night at the Museum", I had it set up like a museum.
I made cards to identify all of the important items. Here is a reference to the movie.
The Easter Island head calls Larry, the security guard, Dum Dum and wants him to bring him Gum Gum.

I even identified the s'mores.

These are some Spanish doubloons I had for my Pirate party.

Sheridan handed out tickets to everyone who came.
Guests also received glow-in-the-dark bracelets. I got a whole pack for $1 at Michael's.
Chasen welcomed them at the door and said "Welcome to our 3rd annual movie series. Enjoy your movie". He came up with that on his own! So cute!

A few hours before guests were to arrive, I checked the DVD box and the movie was MISSING! I had to run to WalMart to get another copy. There was one left!
I also picked up an outfit for Matthew to wear. He agreed to be the "security guard" for the night!

Everyone enjoyed toasting the marshmallows.
and making s'mores.

This year, we asked for pantry donations for the Hunger Defense Fund. For every item you bring, we give you a raffle ticket to win a box of GIANT candy! It was a big hit!

Everyone had such a great time! Our next screening is May 29 and we will be showing "Sense & Sensibility".










21 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

well

I am simply crushed that I can't attend your movie nights! I have never been to such an extravagant outdoor movie event!

And ... "sense and sensibility?" the mind reels with what you might achieve LOL.

As an ex-teacher for lo-so-many-years, I'm impressed you can get kids to sit through Jane Austen - good on you!

Allidink said...

How absolutely awesome and fun! That is so cool! I wish I had that kind of thing going on here! Yay Sense and Sensibility! I watched it the other day LOL.

All the best,
Allison

Kendall said...

This is adorable! What a fun idea! i want to have a party like this! Or come to yours :)

Unknown said...

I love this! Great inspiration! I am going to have to try this this summer! Thanks!
www.simplycreativeinsanity.com

Polka Dot Moon said...

I wish I was your neighbor! You are just the best :)

Setting the Mood said...

Soo cute. I want to be your neighbor! I'm sure your guests are looking forward to the next one.

amy & lisa said...

You are AMAZING! What a spectacular idea! :) Lucky neighbors!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, I love this idea! I wonder if I could convince my husband to unmount the projector. Hmm... I'll be linking.

Teresa said...

What a fun idea- makes me wish I had neighbors close by =)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to come see Sense and Sensibility. That's going to be wonderful.

I truly enjoy hearing about your parties. You have the coolest ideas.

Melissa Lester said...

Oh, Sense and Sensibility is one of my favorites! I love all those Jane Austen stories. Your movie night looks fabulous! We did a movie night party for Carson when he turned 8, and it was a lot of fun. We set it up on our driveway, but our party full of boys only sat still for about 5 minutes before they ran off to play in the yard. It was really fun, though. I've been thinking about organizing some "Kids Nights Out" at my church this summer and think a movie night would be perfect. You have given me some great ideas for really creating a party atmosphere. I sure wish we lived closer so we could combine our efforts sometimes!

Cassie said...

What a fun idea! I can't wait to have kids and do fun things like this with them. You must be the coolest mom on the block!

J+S said...

This is such a great idea! I wish I were your neighbor. Do you mind if I post this on my blog and credit back to you? If it's a problem, just let me know. Also, would you mind sharing some of your sources - like where you got the decorations and the container that holds ths s'more poles?

Pink Slippers said...

WHAT FUN!

Jorgelina said...

What a fun idea!

Absolutely adorable party!!


Hugs

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

How fun!! I always love your ideas:-)

Darlene said...

Oh my gosh you do the MOST fun things!!!! That is just so cool!

dana said...

I love every bit of this movie night, Donna. You don't miss a detail. It's so great that you get your kiddos so involved with hosting the evening---I think you are creating a Party Planning Dynasty!! I loved that movie when we saw it--I think I also need to see it again before I watch the new one!! L, Dana

cindy santiago said...

How fun! I wish I were your neighbor! I would love to go to an outdoor movie!

Cindy said...

Oops that last comment was from me, I wasn't signed in correctly!

Brenda said...

My favorite thing about all of your parties and gatherings is your amazing attention to detail!