Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Last One!

Last October, my mom had surgery to remove a tumor a little bigger than a softball and part of her bowel resectioned. Her diagnosis was Stage 2 Ovarian Cancer. She was in the hospital for 17 days. Every night I would stay with her for a few hours, give her a massage, watch Dancing with the Stars and tuck her in.
Her chemo treatments started in January.


This is Fern taking Mom's blood pressure

After many months of blood tests, transfusions, IV hydrations, PET scans and hair and weight loss, my mom had her final chemo treatment today!

This is Gwen; one of Mom's nurses.

She had a PET scan on April 1st to reveal that she is CANCER FREE!
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers during this trying time for my family.
To celebrate, I made cake pops and passed them out to the nursing staff.
They really appreciated them and I appreciate them for taking such good care of my mom.
You deserve one too! Go ahead... take one!




13 comments:

Allidink said...

That is so good to hear!!! I am so happy for you guys! :) :) :)

All the best,
Allison

dana said...

Donna, that is spectacular news!!!

Your mom looked beautiful in those photos---bet she's walking on air to have this behind her.

I'm certain the staff loved having YOU around--those cake pops are so cute.

L, Dana

April said...

Oh, that is great news! God is so good!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Wonderful news! I'm doin' a happy dance for you both!! Looks like she had wonderful nurses and of course her daughter!

My mom is an Ovarian Cancer Survivor as well. She had stage 4.

Denise

GiGi said...

praise God!!! So happy to hear this wonderful news! Go and celebrate and enjoy life! God is GOOD!!!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Great news!!!

Melissa Lester said...

Those cake pops are adorable! What a great way to celebrate your mom's super news! Woo-hoo!!

Joanne Kennedy said...

OMG! This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for your mom and you! I'm sure she fought hard and now she has won the fight! Good for her.

Isn't it wonderful when you see the hand of God working on someone you love. Prayers do work. You mom is pure proof!

Hugs,
Joanne

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Fantastic!

Damaris said...

WOW!!! FANTASTIC NEWS. Will keep her in my prayers. Love the thoughtful gesture with those cake pops.
Hugs,
Me

designdazzle.blogspot.com said...

Your mom looks as beautiful as ever:)
I'm so glad to hear the happy news for her and all the family.
Toni

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Great news about your sweet mother! God bless her AND you!!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Kendall said...

Congratulations to your mom! What an amazing blessing to be cancer free. My grandmother has been fighting cancer for several months now and it's great to hear stories like this one :)

I will continue to keep your mother and family in my prayers.

Kendall