Friday, December 12, 2008

Pink Saturday- Swap Sharing

I signed up for 4 swaps this season. When November was by busiest party month (I hosted 8 parties plus my daughter's), my mom was in the hospital recovering from surgery, Thanksgiving, changing the season decorations, end of Fall baseball, Nutcracker rehearsal, I quickly realised--"What was I thinking!" I was completely overwhelmed! The deadlines were quickly approaching and I was freaking out!

I decided to make stockings for all of my recepients. I worked with colors themes and used fabric that was already in my sewing closet. I made this one for Cheryl out of a vintage pillowcase for the Pink Vintage swap. She said she is a Shabby Chic girl, so I thought this was perfect.

Cheryl sent me this gorgeous swap! She is also a scrapbooker and made this beautiful flip book for me. I can't wait to put Christams pictures in it.

She told me her 4 year old made this birdhouse pick for me...how cute is that!!!
I can't believe she new I collected birdhouses!

The tree in my living room is decorated with pink and white ornaments with lots of angels and sparkle! Cheryl also sent me this GORGEOUS beaded ornament. It looks so great on my tree.

Here are some great pictures of the flip book.




My second swap was a Vintage Christmas swap and my partner was Alaura.
Her theme was red.
This is what Alaura sent me.
Love, love, love the tea cup. I had my Christmas spice tea in it this morning with a freshly baked chocolate chip scone...perfect!
Alaura made me this adorable candy dish. I will be serving my home made English Toffee on it.

Alaura also sent me some ornaments for my living room tree.
How cute are these!
The mini stocking has beautiful bead work on it.
This is what I sent to Alaura. The stocking is made out of fabric that I made my kitchen curtains out of.
We sent each other tea cups. Great minds think alike!

I also sent her some chocolate peppermint coffee and chocolate.
I'm still waiting for the other 2 swaps. One is coming from Australia and the other is for the 12 Days of Christmas Tea swap. I just mailed that one out on Friday.
After receiving my packages, I remembered why I do these...to share with other women and create friendships. I am looking forward to joining a Valentine's Day swap. :)
Please check out the other lovely pink at Beverly's.

12 comments:

kh said...

Hi
I am Khalid from Egypt

just I want TO say " Happy new year"

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Karin said...

woo hoo...good swap!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

WOW !!!! I love all your goodies...That flip book is great....lots of work went into that....I love to visit your blog....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Donna; Happy Pink Saturday; I am so happy that you like what I sent to you, I get so nervous about such things. Your first swap had some lovely pretties in side. I love to be apart of Swaps and get to know new friends and share our talents and gifts. Have a great weekend. I really love mine from you, two days ago I had some hot tea in the cup and saucer you sent me. I felt like a Queen.. lol

Hugs;
Alaura

melissa said...

What a fabulous swap!! Love, Love all the pink goodness! :)

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Oh, Donna! I thought I was busy--your life makes mine look like I am twiddling my thumbs! I love your swap shares---great job with the stocking out of a pillowcase!! I haven't decorated a thing or shopped! My sale was great---nearly sold out, but our daughter was in a really bad wreck the morning I was to set up (she's OK--lots of muscle strains, but no broken bones or other injuries--just a demolished car) so dealing with the physical and emotional fall out from that made the sale a challenge--I was a day late in setting it up and short on inventory. Nonetheless, all is well.
Gotta start decorating today! Dana

Anonymous said...

Donna, you are one amazing lady. I don't know how you do it all.

I love all your swap goodness.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Love all your swap goodies and the pinks. The flip bood is so cute.

Sondra Behne' said...

I am so envy of all you talented bloggers out there. Great work by all of you.

Polka Dot Moon said...

WOW! What lovely swaps!! You are one busy lady and managed to make beautiful treats!! And your partners sent some beauties in return!

Unknown said...

Looks like you got some fantastic goodies from the swaps. Love the little pink book the best.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

The ParTea Planner said...

Donna,
I am continuely amazed by your talent, creativity and energy! Your swap items are gorgeous, as all of your parties. You inspire me! Have a Happy New 2009 Year!
Risa