Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nutcracker Rehearsal

My daughter has been taking dance lessons at Dance Studio 84 since she was 2 1/2. Last summer, she told me she wanted to take a break from her combo tap and ballet class. I must admit I was a bit disappointed but after all, she was 6.
After a few months break, she told me she wanted to go back to dancing but just do ballet. WHEW! I was so relieved! I danced for 25 years and was on an adult Hip Hop team when Sheridan was 1. We placed 1st in competition and qualified for Nationals.

Plus, I was on Drill Team in High school as was my mom. So, no pressure on Sheridan :)
In September, her class started rehearsing for The Nutcracker.
The students are not allowed to miss any practices or they cannot perform in the show.
On Sunday night, Sheridan rehearsed for 4 1/2 hours since she is performing in all 4 shows this weekend. They split the performance into 2 casts, but Sheridan is a solider and they perform in all of them.
She has been practicing in our living room all week and even knows the Mouse King's part. It's so fun to have her give us a private performance! I just love watching her get so excited about dance because it is such a love of mine. I hope that she will continue (no pressure) and get as much enjoyment out of it as I do.

4 comments:

Jorgelina said...

Beautiful photographs!
My Josefina daughter makes dances for 3 years.
The sample of year end would be realised the 20/12, this very excited
Greetings.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

How very fun! This brings back many fond memories, our daughter loved to dance and be in the performances. I am so glad your daughter still loves it!! (since there is no pressure :) )

Hope you totally LOVE the performance, and enjoy all those sweet little dancers.
xo Lidy

Pink Slippers said...

My daughter is in her first ballet performance this Friday night. I am SO EXCITED! So I know how you must feel and her part is much bigger and longer. I love my boys but I sure do love having my two girls. Pink and ballet, some fun girl things.
Wendy

Polka Dot Moon said...

How exciting! I hope my wee one wants to dance! We called her "tiny dancer" in my belly - she was all over the place!