Friday, November 21, 2008

Pre-Party Pink Saturday

My sweet baby girl turned 8 on Thursday. She requested that her mom, dad and 2 older brothers serenade her on the morning of her birthday by singing "Happy Birthday" (with the cha-cha-cha's) while she was still in bed. For breakfast, I made her monogrammed pancakes with a "S" and an "8". We even added a candle and sang- AGAIN!
The beautiful flowers arrived from my mom (she is recovery at home and will start chemo in a few weeks)
Preparations for Sheridan's Chinese Tea party are in full swing! My friend, Sandy, and I went down to Chinatown on Tuesday and I bought Mandarin dresses for Sheridan and her guests. Sheridan will wear red and her friends will be in pink.

I made tags for each girl asking them to wear the dress to the party.
I handed out the dresses on Wednesday and the girls are getting very excited about the party. At $9 each, they are making quite an impression.
Last night, we melted different colored chocolate and dipped fortune cookies in it and then dipped them in pearlized sprinkles.
I even wrote custom fortunes.
We ran out of sprinkles and then tested out some big sugar. Sheridan liked the look, so it saved me another trip to the store! I am giving each guest 6 cookies in a frosted take-out box and decorated with ribbon.
Her party is on Sunday, so be sure to check out Monday's post for more pictures!
I'm off to build a structure out of bamboo to hang the paper lanterns on over the table.
Be sure to check out more fun pink stuff at Beverly's

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you record your family singing Happy Birthday to the princess as she lounged in bed? :) That was soooo cute.
Wow, it sounds like her party will be over the top---but of course it would since you are pulling it off! How amazing---pink bags with a special party dress for each little guest! I am amazed at every detail you add, Donna, right down to the font on the little notes to the girls!
The little fortune cookies are just wonderful, too.
Your mom sent some beautiful flowers--I hope she is feeling a bit better and resting up for her next health phase.
Have fun at the party and Happy Pink Sat.! Dana

Amy said...

How nice, I enjoyed visiting, Thank You for sharing. I bet the birthday girl will remember every birthday. it is always nice adding the extra touch. and my prayers go out to your mother and the family, Have a great weekend, Amy

Glennis said...

Great party ideas. I know they must have been enchanted!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

WOW !!!! What a fabulous party you daughter is going to have.....Amazing....what a wonderful planner your are....Where were you when you daughters were little ??? I do have 2 grand daughters I just might have to borrow your idea....Love it !!!!!
Great Job !!!!!!!

Betty said...

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful party you have planned! That will be a memorable day for your daughter!!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Fifi Flowers said...

Happy Pink Saturday! ENJOY your day! Fifi

Jorgelina said...

THESE ORGANIZING A FABULOUS CELEBRATION FOR YOUR DAUGHTER. VERY PRETTY EVERYTHING.
A GREETING

Dee Light said...

Oh my goodness how cute!! I love the idea for the cookies, never would have thought of that! Fun, fun, fun.

April said...

Very sweet!! I am looking forward to Monday's post.

Happy Birthday Sheridan!

Kathy said...

Sweet, sweet birthday girl! Love the fortune cookies.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

What a fun, fun party! I love it. We have always wanted to do a Chinese New Year Birthday Party for my daughter whose birthday is in January! Happy Pink Birthday Sheridan!

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy! Oh Boy! I can hardly wait to see all the pretty party pictures...ya know I live for this stuff!!

I can't believe that you got the kimonos for a mere $9.00--I always thought California prices were far higher than the midwest's.
You sure got a lot of "bang for your buck". The fortune cookies are soooo cute too.

I'll be checking back on Monday and Tuesday to see if you posted the party pics.

Hugs from your tea buddy:)

Megan said...

I love the dresses. Too cute! And the fortune cookies are a great idea. Your so talented. I love visiting here. :)

Ellen said...

What a beautiful birthday girl. And such a pretty pink party. Hope you all have the best time, and I will be back on Monday for details.Happy Pink
Kindredly,EllenL

Joanne Kennedy said...

You always come up with the best ideas. I just love your parties. I think its wonderful how you get the kids to dress up and look so cute at your parties.

Can't wait to see the photos this weekend.

Hugs,
Joanne

said...

Can't wait to see the photos. Will be back!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful party..and I know all the girls had to enjoy..I love the dresses and the fortune cookies.
Get well soon wishes for your mother. She has all good wishes and prayers for her recovery.

Anonymous said...

BLESS YOUR HEART AND HERS.I KNOW SHE'S BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH.I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR SWEET BABY.
WHAT MEMORIES.I KNOW SHE IS A QUEEN.AND YOU MY LADY ARE A FABULOUS MOTHER...ANN

Unknown said...

Darling Party!!! I love the Mandarin costumes provided - nice touch. I did high end tea parties for years in San Diego County. I loved it and definitely know how much work it is. I hope your clients appreciate your being so in-tune with every detail. It sets you apart! Beautiful party.
Cheers,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Donna. I am sorry that I am so late getting to your post, but at least this way I got to see the party, too.

And, everything is beautiful and perfect. You are the ultimate.

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to your princess.

SarahJarnagin said...

Everything is so beautiful!!! Love the fortune cookies and the dresses! Darling